Thursday, May 20, 2010

Balkan Brass

What is it about the deep thrum of a tuba, the short bursts of a trumpet, and the drawn out sighs of a trombone that I find so damn sexy?
My first taste of live Balkan music was at Amnesia in San Francisco. Rachel Brice was performing- that sultry snake of a belly dancer. She was the one I had gone to see, but when the band for the night, "Brass Menazeri", started playing, it was the music that had me captivated and wanting more. (But don't get me wrong, Rachel kicked ass that night!)
Something about the festivity, the gypsy-like mischievousness in the songs, made me want to dance, and dance, and dance. I suppose I'm not the only one who's been feeling that way, because there has been a boom of belly dancing to Balkan music in the Tribal Fusion belly dance community.
I was at a rehearsal the other day, for an upcoming show with the band, "Zoyres". Now, Zoyres' sound is many things, and one of them is Balkan. As I sat there listening to the band play, I felt something familiar. There was a feeling stirring in my body that felt akin to falling in love. The room was sort of spinning. And that's when I realized that I was swooning.
Guys, pay attention. All those band geeks in high school had the right idea, because now they're surrounded by hot, swooning belly dancers!
This June, I am hosting Zadiel Sasmaz- my dance director from Berlin- on tour in California. Zadiel's specialties include Turkish Roma and 9/8 rhythms, music favored by Eastern European gypsies. What better case to showcase his talents than at a Balkan Fusion party? That's what gave me the idea for the next show I am producing. Belly dancers from a variety of styles, a special musical guest called "Leopard Print Tank Top", a sword solo to clarinet, and Zoyres, who will satisfy your Balkan music cravings. June 7th at Triple Crown in San Francisco! Time to release your inner gypsy, and maybe even catch a swooning dancer. That's one way to sweep a woman off her feet!

7 comments:

Arnold said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Montana

http://pianotutorial.net

Avri221lE_Pryce1 said...

成功多屬於那些很快做出決定,卻又不輕易變更的人。而失敗也經常屬於那些很難做出決定,卻又經常變更的人.............................................

佐漢 said...

麗的線上小遊戲 38ga成人視訊 18成人影城0204movie 免費聊天交友fm358 視訊美女maxworld av女優影片情色文學 sexy亞洲禁果影城 美女視訊無碼影片 正宗自拍美女 aooyy 173liveshow視訊美女 msn 視訊聊天室 成人聊天室 性感沙灘34c 美女影片 布蘭妮貼圖片區 情色論壇,卡提諾王國 34c環球辣妹聊天室 90691 亞亞成人館-sex 八大娛樂網-視訊 天空部落格正妹 色妹妹免費情慾影片觀賞aa 視訊情色小站 2009 avhigh 免費做愛影片 免費視訊聊天室 夢中情人聊天室 台灣kiss倩色網 辣美眉173show影片 武則天影音視訊聊天室 名模辣妹聊天室 無碼av女優,av無碼,無碼dvd 女生自衛圖片 聊天交友sun city 成人免費視訊 完美女人 情色小站 18成人影城 美女交友semalaya 視訊聊天 ilover99 論壇 一對多美女視訊 sexy girl video movie免費色情 成人視訊qk176 女同志聊天室 性愛教學 av969-成人情色 85cc免費影片觀看 18-美女交友 情人視訊聊天 成人遊戲區 girl5320 線上 free 色性影片區

政弘 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。......................................................

冠宛君中 said...

Where theres a will theres a way. ............................................................

estherme said...

行動養成習慣,習慣培養人格,人格影響命運 ..................................................

Avaishya said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment